Dear Members and Residents
Riding on the back of the success of the CMH Land Rover Umhlanga Trail on Estate 2, the Trail will now extend a further 4.2kms onto Estate 1! Ian Wilson from Single Track Minded began flagging the new course this week and will be breaking ground next week.
Please don’t miss our next Comedy Night “The British Comedy Invasion” – two great comedians from Johannesburg. Tony D King and Tony Stewart are in Durban for one night only.
Date: 28th July
Cost: R300 per person
Book at reception (031) 539 5330 and pay with Ronnel at the Clubhouse, Admin Office. Please see poster further along.
Please don’t miss our new weekly specials at the Boar’s Head! Tuesday is “Tuesday Seafood Festival” – all seafood specials served with a complimentary glass of Spier white or red wine. And on Thursdays we have “Thursday Steak Festival” – enjoy any one of our delicious steaks with a complimentary glass of Du Toitskloof wines! Specials are for lunch and dinner.
I do hope you have a great rest of the week and please stay in touch.
Contact details – firstname.lastname@example.org
ANGLING CLUB – RON DUCKWORTH!
The second Angling Club dinner of 2018 and Lucky draw evening was a huge success with the theme being USA 4th July Independence day.
The menu was a typical American hamburger evening with apple pie for dessert and, as usual, the Chef did an amazing job.
A good turnout and a Lucky Draw, for Prizes of R1000, R500 and R250 plus wine and chocolate, contributed to a lot of fun.
Gareth Finnemore won the Heads or Tails competition of a R250 prize after beating all the other guests.
Lucky draw winners, pictured above with the Angling Club Chairman, Ron Duckworth, are Mike Basson who won wine/chocolate, Chris Bryant – R1000, Nigel Gafney – R500, Alf Maythem – Wine/chocolate, and Wally Lees-R250.
In the second photo, some of the angling club guests enjoying their evening in the newly refurbished Sandpiper Room at the Club.
The next BIG event on the Angling Club Calendar is the Fishing Competition taking place on the 16th September at Pani Dam. This competition is open to all Members of MECC and their friends and family, so watch this space for more news of this fantastic family day!
Diarise this date and start recruiting your 3 person fishing team from family and friends. The prizes will be big, so don’t miss out on this one!
Roscoes Pro Tennis Academy right here at Mount Edgecombe Country Club – for all ages! Call Greg on 083 770 1024. Special on group lessons for kids – 50% off on first term’s fees!
SUNFLOWER GOLF DAY
MULTI PURPOSE TRAIL EXTENDING TO ESTATE 1!
We are thrilled to announce that the popular CMH Land Rover Umhlanga Trail on Estate 2 which has received overwhelming support from its users, is extending onto Estate 1. The trail will now be increased by 4.2 km. We urge Residents to please complete the Indemnity Form which is available in the below mentioned rules. Please familiarise yourselves with these rules for the enjoyment of all users of the track.
- Every cyclist must wear a helmet: No helmet no ride.
- The track is a one directional flow: This must be strictly adhered to as riding in the ‘wrong’ direction can cause serious injury. This is for walkers, runners and riders.
- Registration: All trail users must please fill in a membership form along with an indemnity form and at the same time collect a bell. Membership is free of charge and can be collected from Christopher at the Watershed between 14h00 and 17h00 Monday to Friday or from Ronnel at the Clubhouse from 08h30 to 16h30. Please click here to download and print out the Membership form and please click here to fill out the indemnity form.
- Ride Open Trails: Respect trail and road closures. Do not trespass on private land or enter EPA’s. Do not deviate from the trail.
- Leave No Trace: Be sensitive to the dirt beneath you and the environment around you. Wet and muddy trails are more vulnerable to damage than dry ones. When the trail is soft, consider other riding options. This also means staying on existing trails and not creating new ones. Don’t cut switchbacks. Don’t ride around standing water which results in widening the trail. Be sure to pack out at least as much as you pack in. Consider improving the trail experience for those that follow by picking up and removing any litter, broken branches or loose debris.
- Control Your Bicycle: Inattention for even a moment could put yourself and others at risk. Obey all bicycle speed regulations and recommendations, and ride within your limits. Social conflicts on trails often result when riders are going too fast. Riders are to remember they share the trail with walkers and runners.
- Yield Appropriately: Do your utmost to let your fellow trail users know you’re coming — a friendly greeting or bell ring are good methods. Try to anticipate other trail users as you ride around corners. Mountain bikers should yield to other non-motorized trail users, unless the trail is clearly signed for bike-only travel. In general, strive to make each pass a safe, controlled and courteous one. Please let faster riders through in a place safe to both riders.
- Never Scare Animals: The Estate is a conservancy, please respect the wildlife.
- Plan Ahead: Know your equipment, your ability and the area in which you are riding and prepare accordingly. Strive to be self-sufficient: keep your equipment in good repair and carry necessary supplies for changes in weather or other conditions. Always wear a helmet and appropriate safety gear.
- Riding Hours: Mondays – all day unless otherwise informed. Rest of the week – outside golfing hours from 05hoo to 07hoo and from 17h00 to 19h99. The only area that may be ridden during golfing hours is where entry is via the path next to the 6th tee flowing through to Gate 6. If so doing, please be mindful of golfers teeing off the 6th tee, waiting until the tee is fully clear before entering the single track.
- Please ensure that you keep fully up to date with any changes in the track or in the rules.
There is only one last thing to do: ENJOY THE AWESOME TRACK!
THANK YOU SPONSORS
A heartfelt thank you to all our sponsors of the multi purpose trail. They are:
CMH Land Rover Umhlanga
H2o for the water station installed along the trail
Darren Gray – Resident on our Estate
Tony Dickinson and Nick Keary – Residents on our Estate
Estate Boss (JT) – Resident on our Estate
Xtreme Living – Resident on Estate 1
Durban Girls College
You are invaluable to us!
NEW BOAR’S HEAD TUESDAY & THURSDAY SPECIAL
JULY CHEF’S SPECIALS AT THE WATERSHED CAFE
BREAKFAST (Served from 6:30am-10:30am)
MEATY STACK R72
English muffin topped with rocket, 2 mini beef patties, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and bacon bits.
HALOUMI, BLACKFOREST AND BACON JAM WELSH RAREBIT R69
Ciabatta toast topped with black forest ham, welsh rarebit, sticky bacon jam, rocket, sautéed cherry tomato, grilled haloumi, poached egg, bacon bits and hollandaise.
SMOKED SALMON, AVOCADO AND BULGAR WHEAT SALSA CIABATTA R75
Toasted ciabatta slice with rocket, smoked salmon, avocado and mixed bulgur wheat salsa topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce.
LUNCH / DINNER (served from 12pm)
BLUE CHEESE AND PEPPADEW RIB EYE STEAK R149
350g rib eye on the bone grilled to perfection topped with a blue cheese and peppadew compound café de Paris butter served with your choice of side dish.
MURGH MAKHANI / BUTTER CHICKEN R105
Deboned chicken breast simmered in a aromatic, mild chilli, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cumin and crushed cashew nut sauce, served with cucumber raita, rice and sambals.
KINGKLIP CLEOPATRA R165
Grilled 220g kingklip fillet with half shell mussels simmered in a creamy caper, lemon and garlic sauce, topped with 2 grilled prince prawns and your choice of side dish.
CAJUN CHICKEN BREAST R110
Grilled chicken breast topped with a creamy Cajun and Falklands calamari sauce served with your choice of side dish.
CAJUN DORADO AND CALAMARI R145
Grilled dorado fillet topped with Falklands baby calamari tubes simmered in a creamy garlic and Cajun spice sauce served with your choice of side dish.
SEAFOOD PLATTER R165
Grilled hake fillet, 5 grilled prince prawns, deep fried or grilled calamari served with either creamy garlic and herb or peri peri sauce with your choice of side dish.
What better why than to end off July with a comedy night! Well known South African comedians Tony D King and Tony Stewart coming from Johannesburg for one night only!
R300 per person including a 3 course meal.
Book at reception (031) 539 5330, pay with Ronnel at Clubhouse, admin office.
31 CLUB BRIDGE DRIVE
MOUNT EDGECOMBE ESTATE CONTACT NUMBERS
Mount Edgecombe Country Club:
031 539 5330
The Golf Shop:
031 539 1010
031 833 0753
Mount Edgecombe Country Club Estate One:
031 502 2534
Mount Edgecombe Country Club Estate One Security:
031 539 2998
Mount Edgecombe Country Club Estate Two:
031 502 5360
Estate Two Control Room:
031 539 3144
The Watershed Cafe:
031 539 8313