Dear Members & Residents
We are delighted to announce the “Event OF The Year” – The Mount Edgecombe Country Club Sports & Lifestyle Festival sponsored by CMH Land Rover Umhlanga on 16th September. This Festival is open to Residents and Members and we encourage you to invite your family and friends. Please support this fun, family, sporty day and come and see what our rejuvenated Country Club has to offer.
The aim of the festival is to bring the Mount Edgecombe Country Club Estate community together but also to boost Non-Residential Membership which is vital to the sustainability of the Club. A successful Club has a direct impact on our Brand which positively effects your property values. To boost Club Membership, we will be offering some great membership offers.
Highlights of the day include:
06h00 > The Prop247 Fishing Competition
10h00 > The Cornubia Mall Trail & MTB competition
12h00 > The Golf competition
12h30 > Kid’s tennis
13h00 > Kiddies Dance show by Emma Tompson and
14h00 > Kids putt-putt competition
15h30 > Bowls U25 vs over U65
18h00 > Prize giving with Darren Maule
AND there is much much more including markets, a sports village, a pop-up gin bar, beer tent and all culminating in a prize giving at 18h00 where prizes will be presented by Darren Maule! Please see the poster attached. We encourage you to participate in the many fun competitions we will be holding throughout the day.
Over the past 2 years, your Country Club Management has been following a very specific strategy to upgrade the Club on all fronts and we are immensely pleased with the great changes we have implemented. The festival is to showcase and celebrate the upliftment of your Club.
Some of the Club improvements we are proud of are:
- The opening of The Watershed
- The building of the CMH Land Rover Umhlanga Trail which is, this month, being extended onto Estate 1
- The refurbishment of the Golf Shop and enhancement of the Golf experience
- The rebranding of our Golf Courses from Course 1 and Course 2 to The Woods and The Lakes
- The redecorating of the Clubhouse reception area
- The upgrade of the Sandpiper Function Venue
- The introduction of HITfit and a Mount Edgecombe Country Club Juniors’ squash team
- The introduction of under 40-year old’s bowling
- The Introduction of dancing, MTB lessons, squash and holiday clubs all for the children on the Estate
- The introduction of an extensive array of Resident events – Food & wine pairing, comedy nights, musical evenings, movie nights, Diwali celebrations and taking Halloween to an all-time new level.
Over the next 6 weeks we will be sending our information on each and every sport, highlighting what competitions you can participate in. Please be sure to book your spot!
I do hope you and your friends and family will join us on this day!